G310 Floating point to SLC 5/05

allscott

I am working on my first G310 project where I am connected to a slc 5/05 with ethernet and using DF1 Master.

All of my communication appears to be working except for my floating point values. When I enter a value of 100 (F8:16 in this case) into the HMI I get 2.45.....e-42 in the PLC?

Did I miss something?

See if this pic helps.

I am using a 5/04 through a NET-ENI on this channel with the driver "Allen-Bradley DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP".

It might be that you didn't specify to treat the tag as a float...or did something different with the scaling.

C3_F8_000.jpg

check that you selected Floating point in your HMI. If you are using Crimsion 3 numberic tags come up as Signed Intergers by default.