G315 Data Logging from a CompactLogix

greenonions

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm new to the G3 world(and this forum) and have a few questions regarding using a G315 to capture Tag data from a CompactLogix.

I have successfully made the connection, built some simple screens, and am able to display data, and log in continuous mode. In this application, I would like to log a Tag that updates with a new value at an interval of approximately 0.25s. I would like to capture only each new value and not log at a regular interval. I would like to use the built in datalogger if all possible

1) Can the G315 log at this rate, of approximately 4 readings pre second with instructed to by a secondary trigger Tag?

2) I set up a PLC Tag to act as a trigger when a new write is made. What is the minimum duration for the on and off states to reliably act as a trigger?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

If the trigger is local to the G3 I have seen applications logging up to 10 times per second. If the trigger is coming from a source such as a PLC it will need to be longer and will depend on the comms speed between the G3 and the PLC.

You will need to play around with your on and off times of your trigger to see how fast you can go while staying stable. There are too many variables for me to give you a value.

Thanks
Jeremy