Gateway to Controllogix

Eugen

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I am looking for a device to read OPC UA and populate the controllogix tags. So I need a OPC UA client to populate the Controllogix memory.
Any device (or self made pc contraption) you can recommend?

Thanks

In my opinion you need to explain your question in more detail. Usually "populate" is a term referring to configuration, not to the transfer of data.

Do you have a PC-based HMI already on your system ? What is the purpose or function of your OPC-UA based interface to the controller ?

There are hardware appliances that can act as OPC-UA Servers, and software Servers as well. If you already have OPC DA software on your system there may be DA/UA bridge functions that are appropriate.

The more context and detail you can provide, the better answers folks can give.

Thanks again everyone,

Looks like there are many options.

I just want to read some information from a Schneider (Elau) into Controllogix. I don't have any control on the Schneider machine or HMI of the machine. The info is available as a OPC UA.

I need a OPC UA client (to read the OPC UA server) and pass the info to the Controllogix.

I prefer a din rail device to a computer.