GE 90-30 state logic processor.

jets

Hi,

I have read a few threads here at plctalk on the GE State Logic Processor, an IC693CSE313B in my case.

I have the Eclips software V3.01 but one of the disks are damaged, I also have the hardware key. I was given a newer copy of the software but I sill cannot open the project in the PLC as I don't have the password or the original project.

I think I am going to opt to replace the CPU with a standard CPU like the IC393CPU311 and start over. I have a fully licensed copy of Machine Edition.

The way I understand the Ecplis package is that it was the programing software and the operator interface through the DOS PC program.

The machine has a single axis controller IC693APU301 and a slot each of Input and Output.

I think I will have to add an HMI for operator input but the CPU313 only has one COM port a far as I know. It's been quite a while (2004) since I have done a GE with a HMI and PLC. I forget how do you communicate with the PLC and the HMI, do you have to keep switching cables back an forth or use a PC with two COM ports? What are the communication option on the CPU313, does it have RS485?

Well I will start there next we will figure out what HMI communication I could use.

Thanks, jets:site:

I don't remember the Eclips package having an HMI component, but I could be wrong.

Since you have to purchase a new CPU, I recommend an Rx3i instead of a 90-30. The 90-30 is obsolete. Your I/O modules should be compatible with the Rx3i, although I suggest you get your supplier to confirm that the APU301 will be OK. Also be careful with your choice of HMI. Some non-GE HMIs use the SNPX protocol for serial communications and the Rx3i doesn't support it.

If you decide to stay with the 90-30, get a CPU363 module which has two serial ports instead of the CPU311. That way you won't have to disconnect your HMI to go online with Machine Edition.