GE Download help please

Joel,

To answer your PM, within the 44A737773-G07.zip download, I found a file called M14-310ud.doc. That's what I was referring to in my earlier post.

The file 44A737773-G07.zip is for a 14-point Micro. I did not download the file you need for your 28-point Micro (44A737812-G06.zip), but I presume there is a similar document embedded in it, perhaps named M28-310ud.doc???

I am reading on some GE articles that windows XP will not work for updating firmware. I need to use windows 98 to get everything to work. Before I install windows 98 into my computer, does anyone have an alternative?

If you are referring to the GE Fanuc Series 90 Micro, I have updated them using Windows XP. Unzip to a folder off the root directory i.e. "C:\S90M" Right-click Loader.exe and make it compatible with Win 98, then run "Update.bat". If you have a real serial port on your PC it should work. Have fun with it.

I have successfully updated the firmware on my GE Series 90 Micro PLC with windows XP. RussB has provided the final step. Thanks to everyone who posted, it is appreciated!

Solution:
Download correct Firmware update file from GE
Unzip to c drive (root drive)
Right click the "LOADER" file
Properties, Compatibility Tab, run as windows 98
Go to dos window and navigate to the extracted folder
Run "UPDATE"
Follow instructions and repeat update. (Run two times)
Done

My experience with 90-30 (274?) was that you got the best results when you update sequentially, individually applying one package after another.

As in, if you start with an 'A', put in 'B', then 'C', then 'D', etc.

G.E. has awesome instructions in their packages, but you really really need to read everything BEFORE you start, or you'll be sorry later.

Also consider the I/O cards that are attached, and what level THEY need to be, as well as the software level of Proficy.

The same praise of detail cannot be said for at least one of G.E.'s largest competitors in this regard.

Dittos also on the SSO comments, and equal distain to the un-named competitor on his likewise baffling sign-in and account setting policies on the support area....