Siemens S5 download issue. Please help

Brad750

Hello all. I am an electrical technician for a factory and am currently a junior at Purdue University for Electrical Engineering. I have a machine I am trying to modify the program on and it will not take the change. I need some help.
It is a pneumatic valve controller made by Siemens for Festo. Part number ISB50-03 and it has an S5 compatible program in it. I can successfully change the program and the machine does what I want it to. But when the Emergency stop is pushed or the power is cycled the program goes back to the original. Its like it is loading a program from an Eprom or a SD card but there is no card nor a slot for a card. I even took a failed unit apart to see if there was an internal card and there is not. How do I get this thing to take my changes?

I would guess that there is an EPROM that is storing the program.

With most S5 equipment hat I have dealt with there is a battery backup that will retain any edits you have made as long as the battery is charged.

I think this controller is from before the time of SD cards, and its apparently not meant to use a removable card.

Check this link
https://www.festo.com/net/SupportPortal/Files/320222/174830g1.pdf

it must have an integrated EEPROM since you say its going back to the program before you made changes.

You just need to probably erase the EEprom and then blow your program to it.

Best of luck!

Snip.PNG