GE Fanuc CPU364 to Ethernet

chanari

I have downloaded the logic program(versapro) from old cpu(CPU331) and replaced CPU331 with CPU364. I have uploaded(stored) the program from my PC back into the CPU364. When I turned it on, all of the status lights in CPU364 are lit up.But I have noticed that my machines are no longer running in automode.

I tried to replace new cpu with the old cpu331(back again) but the quick panel says"PLC not responding". Have you ever experienced this kind of problem? I will really appreciate your respose.

Thanks
Arik

If the 331 CPU was left sitting around it probably lost its memory. Did you upload the configuration back in?

I agree with guest.

Your initial problem with the CPU364 was probably because you neglected to download a configuration to the new CPU. Without a configuration, the CPU assumes a default address for each I/O module, but most programmers don't use the default addresses.

When you put the original CPU331 back in, it had probably been out of the rack (and disconnected from the battery) long enough to lose its memory.

The communication problem with the quickpanel is probably related to loss of memory also. If you're communicating through the serial port on the power supply, you may have lost your SNP ID. The default ID is blank (no ID), but the QP may be trying to communicate with a specified ID like zero or 1. If you're communicating through a serial communications module (IC693CMM311), the lack of a configuration is the culprit.

Thanks Steve. Your suggestion really helped a lot. I tried CPU364 this time and after downloading the program into CPU364 I got everything working fine. Now I can go online with serial port connection.

I connected the CPU into a network switch with RS232 cable. I pinged the PLC and it is responding. But when I tried to go online with versapro program I could not able to connect it. Is that the cable problem?

Thanks in advance
Arik