Ge historian system scheduler

I got your PM of the same question. I don't mind PM but please send a link to your post here. The idea of the forum is for everyone to discuss and learn.

Regarding your question. "GE historian" isn't useful, GE have used many different version of historians and none of them are able to send out email notification except for the PI historian but that isn't really a GE product but GE does bundle it with their Turbine DCS system. So, please be specific on what product and version.

From your PM,

IFIX version 5.8
The historian version is 5.0.195.0
The OPC is IFIX CLIENT VERSION 7.46

It always try to send the report to the various email assigned to it , but the mail never gets send.
I'm going to make a few assumptions which may or may not be correct. One is that the historian is actually the Proficy Historian and the OPC driver is IGS driver.

I have used Proficy historian but I'm unaware of its notification ability. So I can't help yo specifically with that. However, email all work the same way. You need to have an email-client, in this case the historian that talks to an email-server.

I would try another email-client to send out test email to see if the problem is just communication to the email server first. If that works, then you focus on the historian.