Ge Plc

TheRixta

I havee written the ladder logic for a simple pump station that has a key panel but now that want it run from a PC. How do I switch the coils from a PC program without using VersaPro or Cimplicity?

Do you want the PC to be the operator interface to the process that is controlled by the PLC or do you want the PC to act as both the controller and the operator interface?

Cimplicity ME View or Cimplicity Plant Edition can act as the operator interface software. Cimplicity ME Logic PC can be the control engine.

Two down and dirty methods might be to set up the PLC com port as a modbus RTU slave or even a ASCI port.

The 1st would require a mobus master program on your Pc, the second use Hyperterminal on Pc and add to PLC program code to interegate serial string and convert it to a point/ value change.

The HMI option , Cimplicty ME view or a 50pt Cimplicity PE is far easier, and cheaper in the long run