GE Rx3i + Modbus + (C30 or PQMII) = E

milo_IDT

Hi: I need some help plz. I've got to send data from GE's PLC Rx3i to another GE device (C30 Relay). I'm doing testing by means of a GE's PQMII, so I am able to establish communication but no to display that data (bit) on the PQMII. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it...Regards...Raúl

The RX3i talks many different protocols as I know nothing about a C30 Relay or what a PQMII is, I do not know what to tell you.
How does the C30 fit in to your question?

With Modbus communications, one device is the master, any other devices on the same network are slaves. Only a master can initiate communications. Slaves can only respond to commands from a master.

Your first step in establishing communications will be to decide which device is the master and which is the slave.

The C30 relay can communicate Ethernet Global Data (EGD) and Goose/IEC-61850.

http://www.gedigitalenergy.com/products/brochures/C30.pdf

It might be easier to establish communication over EGD versus Modbus. However,a C30 relay will have Modbus out of the box. I suspect your biggest issue is establishing Modbus communication.

How are you connecting the Rx3i to the relay? What is the purpose of the Multilin PQMII meter? Are you just using the PQMII as a test platform before moving onto the C30 or will the PQMII also be part of this system?