GE Series Five and Six PLC's

Thanks for the invite to lunch, I will be on the next concorde over.

If you want anymore info on the series six then email me.

We have 20 of these antiqauted machines at my works, all the pc's connected to the series six are networked up via a radio lan and we have logicmaster running in windows 98. this can be done by fiddling the config.sys file, and stopping windows detecting dos programs.

Its nice to have a question posted about a PLC I know plenty about!!

PLucas said:
I is the minus key on the numeric side of the keyboard. O is the backspace key. A ( in AI or AO ) is scroll lock, enter is pagedown (num lock must be off) so for example to enter AI999, press scrolllock, backspace, 999.

[sarchasm]Wow, that sounds so simple! Wasn't it nice of GE to make it so easy to use?![/sarchasm]

:rolleyes:

-Eric

Eric

I think that like a lot of stuff with PLC's it's easy when you know it. To help myself rather than thinking of say input 1 as input 1, i call it minus one, or for AO999, I call it scroll lock, backspace 999. Then it becomes easy.

Paul

Steve

one other thing (you might have guessed it though) to enter a register number (R001 say) type Ctrl R or use the Page up key. If you press the key directly below the ESC key you will see the data area (bottom right) change from line to line. Top line is for nicknames, middle line is for refernce number and the bottom line is for rung number. So to go straight to rung 36, press the key below escape twice to place the data line on the bottom, type in 36 and then press F1.

Paul

PLucas:
Concorde will be ok but I don't know if it can land at Charlotte Douglas Airport of not. If you can make it I will buy you some of the world famous Shelby, North Carolina Bar-B-Q, it is beef.
I did not notice your National Flag earlier, I was concentrating on the text.
Thanks again for your help.
Signing off for now, it is time for my 2ond breakfast.
Steve Simpson

Sorry, I have a distinctive dislike for GE stuff, so I just had to jump in... :)

I know what you mean though, I can still code faster on my old DOS Caps software (Omron) than nearly any other software (DOS or Windows...A-D excluded of course!), even when I've been away from it for some time. Kinda lke riding a bike I guess...

-Eric

AMEN on the distinctive dislike of GE. Even the newer stuff is not very user friendly. It still runs in DOS mode. Allen Bradley runs in Windows, depending on the version but even the older software can be converted to the Windows platform.
Guess I'm partial to AB products.
Steve S.

Eric

I work with GE series 6, Siemens S5 S7 200's and 300's and if I am going to be honest I prefer the GE. For example, we run automated rail mounted gantry cranes (container port) and they needed a modification doing to them where if the cranes had a container locked on the spreader when it crossed a particular point the powers that be wanted the trolley to be a the far end of its travel. this involved cahnging a few bits of data around and then shifting the original data back when the crane had passed the particular point. Now on the series six this bit of code took me half hour to write and 20 minutes to test. but it took me 2 days to write and debug the function block for the S5 plc controlled cranes! So give me GE anytime