GE Series One loses program

The cross refrence provided by AD says its a D3-330 CPU. I have 4 Series One CPUs in stock but they are all 105, or 106, However I do have a TI 325-07 which crosses over to the 104, and I can connect to that with my Directsoft.

A TI-325-07 and a D3-330 are direct replacements for the GE 610CPU104, but Directsoft cannot read the program from a 104 CPU. That was the reason for the long drawn out post earlier. Part of the problem is that early GE cpus had different memory sizes. This is the same reason you can't just pull the chip and plug it into a TI or DirectLogic cpu and make it work.

Trust me on this, if there was an easier way I would have told you how to do it.

It is just difficult to get a program out of any early GE CPU (GE 610CPU101 - GE 610CPU104). The 105 & 106 cpus are easy, Directsoft can talk to them with no problem, but the early ones are just a pain.

Rick, sorry for hijacking your post. Jay has about the best idea so far IMHO. Other than that, possibly a bad base power supply or severe spiking on the incoming or 24 volt power could do it.

Last edited:
rogerflores

It's just sitting here so I will sell it to you if you need it provided shipping can be worked out. You can email or PM me with your name and address, and I'll get you a price.

I have to refresh my memory some; If icky812 is right, I have Logic Master, maybe that will work? If so maybe you could overnite the CPU to me and I'll copy the the program on to a CD for you. I also have latter CPUs too. Is the program on an EPROM, or UVPROM, or RAM?

icky812,

What about the older versions of Directsoft like 2.0?

Last edited:
rogerflores

How urgent is your situation? Is the unit down, or do you just want a back up of the program? Actually it may be risky to ship the CPU with the only known copy of the program. If the shipper loses it you will be totally SOL.

Before we go any further let me power up the TI CPU and make sure I can read it either with Logic Master, or Directsoft, or with an HPP.

Can you identify the memory type?

Mike.

There is not a version of Directsoft that can read from a GE 104 CPU.

Elevmike, sending him your TI-325-7 won't help any either. It suffers from the same problem as a D3-330. They are identical processors and can't directly take the program from the 104. See my first post. It will still have to go through a cassette or be entered by hand first.

Logicmaster and a DCU would be the easiest way by far.

I would go with Jay's resopnse burn a eeprom and install it in the cpu that way no more power up problems.
Lynn Davis