Generic Modules in RSLogix 5000 V15

Burch

Good Morning,

I have a project using RSLogix 5000 V15. We are adding additional I/O in an extended rack. The new I/O is not supported by V15 (1769-IF4I and 1769-OF4CI).

I spoke with AB support, and set up generic modules to do this. Entered the parameter settings manually, per AB document number 1769-UM014.

I see my "counts" being sent to the output card, however...no signal sent from output.

I spent at least 3 hours with AB tech support, and still can not sort this out.

Outputs are enabled, 4-20mA selected, etc....and nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Burch

Could you post the channel configuration bit patterns?

What is the state of the module LED?

What are the values in the module's input file?

Similar Topics

Is there a way to set the connection timeout for generic ethernet modules to eliminate periodic "IO Faulted - Connection Timeout" messages? This...
Replies
Views
I have 18 Ethernet/IP VSD's configured as generic ethernet modules. I had a situation today, where the VSD 'dropped' off the network, we replaced...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is even possible but I have an micro 1400 that I would like to connect to HMI. I am using rs232 from PLC to (RS232/ttl converter)...
Replies
Views
I know, there's tons of resources out there on how to setup generic ethernet devices but I just cannot figure this out, I'm not sure what I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello Team, I am working on a project utilizing the new implicit communication with the 208-L50E-***** (specifically a 28QWB). this is a two...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom