George Brown College Question

cirtcele

I'd like to hear from anyone who has taken the online PLC tech course offered at George Brown College. I have already searched past threads and read what alot of people have said. But many of the responses are from people who have not taken the course and i would like to here from past students of this course only.

my 2 cents
I took it to get a piece of paper saying I knew what I know.
It's ok for giving the basic idea of what's happening. There is nothing to do with manufacturer specific software, only the idea of different logic. I can't even remember what manufacture it used. Maybe modicon or something like that.
You would definately want hardware to play with as well.
My background is electronics, with that course, as I said to get a piece of paper. By far the electronics got me into the field, not that course.
Plus the company I worked for paid for it.
The course I think is 34 weeks. I think I did it in maybe 10 or less.

GBC PLC Course

IMHO, it is expensive for what it offers. The course offers a very basic foundation for PLC/languages understanding, nothing that one can not get for free at your local library and technical forums, like PLCS.net. The course graphics and interactives are a bit cheesy, and some information just right out wrong. But wrong can be good... it makes you find it out and then you know. The robotics in the last phase is very very basic. If your employer accepts the curriculum for upgrade, promotion, CEs, then go for it. With a little study on your own, you should be able to jump into intermediate logic and do well. FWIW