Getting online with S7-300 through profibus port

haggis

Hello, I have a S7-300 PLC I want to get online with and take an upload of the prog. I have a laptop with the correct software and USB adapter. The MPI port is connected to a Simatic OP77 HMI but the profibus port is free.
I am very nervous about trying to connect without some advice. These are my two options I reckon from the Modbus DP port
Options >Set PG/PC Interface > PC Adapter(Auto)
Address 0 which is normally reserved for the programming device I think, Timeout 30 secs. Then I hit the Start Network Detection? What if there is an address conflict?

Options >Set PG/PC Interface > PC Adapter.PROFIBUS.1
Address 0 , Timeout 30 secs, Transmission rate 1.5Mbps, Highest station address 126, Profile DP ? Then what ?

Thanks

Im amazed why someone dug 1,5 month old thread up. Im sure he either build the confidence or dont need to actually go online...

Hi, i did get online. I contacted Siemans who sent me instructions/advice on how to connect through Profibus port. I could not get it to work although thats probably more to do with me than the Siemans advice.
In the end i pulled the HMI out the MPI port and went in that way.
I probably should have updated but the post never really attracted much attention.
Thanks