Gould PC0085 comms problems

TRC_1

Hi, we have 2 Gould PC0085's running the same programme. The battery died in 1 of them and we have lost the progamme in it. All we need to do is copy the program out of the good PLC and transfer it into the other.

Our problem is that we can't communicate with either. We are using Windows 98, SW85 programme and a Gould lead and dongle with a DB25 to 9 convertor. We have it set to com1 and have tried 9600, 4800, 2400, 1200 with 8/1/none. Is anyone still able to communicate with these? If so what are you using and with what settings.

Also does anyone have any information on communicating and programming using a laptop?

Thanks

I am guessing here at best. Hopefully you are using an old computer (preferably a 486 or older) with a real serial port. Restart the computer in Dos mode. Try setting the commport to default 9600/8/n/1 if the bios will let you. Then connect the cables, start the software, then power up the plc. It's been so long ago that I had to do this, my memory could be all wrong, so take this with a grain of salt if it doesn't work.
Also, see this link, post #9:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=8826

Last edited:
I am guessing here at best. Hopefully you are using an old computer (preferably a 486 or older) with a real serial port. Restart the computer in Dos mode. Try setting the commport to default 9600/8/n/1 if the bios will let you. Then connect the cables, start the software, then power up the plc. It's been so long ago that I had to do this, my memory could be all wrong, so take this with a grain of salt if it doesn't work.
Also, see this link, post #9:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=8826

Thanks for the info, but I still can't get it to talk. I'm using Windows 98 and a real com port. Any other ideas?

Just wanted to let you know this post was of great help. I have a customer with a PC0085 and for obvious reasons the PLC needs upgrading. I got the SW85 software working and communicating to the PLC using a laptop with windows 98. I bought the communications cable from www.carolinaboardrepair.com

thanks,
Malachy