Gray Code Encoder & Gear Ratio

If really needed a new continuing thread could refer as its first point a link to the old thread. The one month is only a suggestion.

Most of the ressurecting of old threads are posts which are only vaguely related to the original thread and are made by someone who never took part in the first thread. They probably found something in the thread using the search funtion then blindly posted to the end of the thread. They could easily start their own thread.

Though maybe just a "Old Thread Warning!" may be all that's needed if someone pressed the 'Reply' button.

I'm not implying "loosing" them, just locking the "finished" (signified by lack of new posts for a certain amount of time) from further additions. They should still be searchable and displayable. Of course Phil could always intervene if an exception comes to pass (which always happens)

An example is this thread which I have now sucessfully hijacked after years.