It appears 2 of the computers aren’t updating after
forcing the policy update.

This GPO is on a Active Directory and was forced from here, but
I also logged into those two computers and did a gpupdate/force / boot
Rebooted the PC’s but no luck.

When I perform a “rsop.msc“ it shows the policy removed, but
When I run the “gpedit.msc” command I see that the policy
Is still there.

Any ideas what I can do to get these two computers to accept the policy update?

I appreciate the help
Thanks

Hello,
I have a group policy setting that I removed, but
It appears 2 of the computers aren’t updating after
forcing the policy update.

This GPO is on a Active Directory and was forced from here, but
I also logged into those two computers and did a gpupdate/force / boot
Rebooted the PC’s but no luck.

When I perform a “rsop.msc“ it shows the policy removed, but
When I run the “gpedit.msc” command I see that the policy
Is still there.

Any ideas what I can do to get these two computers to accept the policy update?

I appreciate the help
Thanks

This is a PLC forum, we really don't do much with Active Directory and Group Policy with Windows Server systems. Group Policy can really let you bork a computer up so the user can't do anything but look at a blank screen if you enable the wrong disable... I hate it with fervor.

I advice... threaten it with a hammer, tell it you know the screen isn't the problem, its the main CPU's box...

Seriously though, as long as its part of the domain it shouldn't be able to refuse a policy update. Check that they are still part of the domain and haven't fallen off the list or been disconnected in some way. Laptops are the slowest to get the updates as they only connect randomly when they are in the field.

-- Edit --

I've seen times where everything LOOKS right, it looks like it still on the domain list, the PC thinks its still part of it, but there is a corrupted byte somewhere making things go awry. It may pay to break that PC off the domain then put it back on.

Last edited:
Thanks @Phrog30 I appreciate the support.

I was able to fix the issue on these computers by
going into group policy and setting the timeout to 0.
Not sure why these weren’t taking the update
via AD group policy force update.

Thanks again