GT designer 3 : switch which autimatically turns off if not used...

Mas01

Hi and Happy new year.
I have a GUI done in GT designer 3: on our rig, to turn ON/OFF a motor, it's a 2-step process: Step 1: press the motor switch on the GUI (M-param) then, step 2: press the physical switch on the control panel. If you do step 1, but then decide not to (or forget) to do step 2, then the M-param switches itself off after about 10 seconds.

I added a new GUI switch for a new motor, but the motor button on GUI stays on when pressed. Is there are property of the lamp which controls the auto-OFF function?

IMG_20210106_114422.jpg

Last edited:
M413 X212

|---| |---------||-------------------[SET Y2D4]

M413 X213
|---||----------||-------------------[RST Y2D4]

M413 stays TRUE once pressed...but I want it to go OFF after say 10 sec if you don't follow-up with by pressing X213.
X212 is the physical motor START button
X213 is the physical motor STOP button

I basically want M413 to go FALSE if you don't press X213 within say 10 seconds.

Last edited:
EDIT...I could change the properties to ALTERNATE (i.e. a second press) to switch the lamp off, but that's not how the others work. They have some kind of time-out property.

Are you sure that is in the HMI, normally, to switch a bit off after a time you would probably do it in the PLC I'm not aware of a function in GT to turn the bit off after a time, what are the settings on the existing buttons that do this.

Are you sure that is in the HMI, normally, to switch a bit off after a time you would probably do it in the PLC I'm not aware of a function in GT to turn the bit off after a time, what are the settings on the existing buttons that do this.
Thanks for the reply - I'll check in the PLC code. cheers

I have just tried and there is a way, Make the button momentary, then go to the Extended properties and select Delay off and adjust the time it stays on for.
This would also work without having to use a timer in the PLC.

Switch.png

I have just tried and there is a way, Make the button momentary, then go to the Extended properties and select Delay off and adjust the time it stays on for.
This would also work without having to use a timer in the PLC.
Nice find & neater than using a timer!