Guardmaster Safety Relay

RobWad

I am using a Guardmaster 440C-CR30-22BBB Saftey Relay version 10 with a CompactLogix version 30 using ethernet protocol. When connecting this to the network for data collection the Guardmaster loses comm. There or no duplicate IP's sub mask are all set the same between the devices. If I unplug the network cable and power cycle the Safety Relay it re-establishes comm. I'm at a loss. Anyone have any ideas??? Thank you.

What software did you use to configure the 440C?

I use CCW with a USB cable to do the initial configuration, set IP address of the adapter... Then go in thru Studio5000 and finish configuration, then download to the 440C. If the controller doesn't own the 440C, you will not get any communications. Just did one last week.

Thank you for replying. I believe the originator used Studio 5000. I used CCW with USB to try and fix but was unable to go online with the Relay unless I disconnected it from the network and power cycle the unit while holding the MEM/ID button. I had to do that every time. I could see the relay in my Linx but the OK button was greyed out not letting me select it.

I installed a managed switch and it solved the loss of comm issues I was having with the Guardmaster safety device.