GX Developer Commands help

Aaron Hewitt

Hi

I am having to edit a PLC programme written for me by a developer who is not avaialble to edit it for me. I can do basic stuff and can edit on AB and Mitsubishi PLC's OK but my knowledge is limited. It is for a pretty urgent project so any help would be great and very much appreciated.

Firstly I tried to download the manuals from mitsi website but cant find any that desribe in detail the commands nitty gritty.

The project is a Pick and Place machine with a shift register for an array of 12 items which are passed or failed by a vision sytem as either individuals or a whole group. So there are a lot of registers to take into account.

there are 2 commands that interest me most

STFL M999 M1000 K3 K1

I assume it is a shift left register that counts 3 times then resets? Is that the case?

There is also an

STFLP M1000 M1100 K20 K3- what does that do?

and ADDP K1 D218 D218 - also don't know that one.

Cheers for any pointers. If I knew what the above comands did in detail I could figure it all out or if I could be pointed towards the correct manula for the commands that woudl be great.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Aaron

I am in a kind mood today, so here you are.

Straight from the manual;

sftl.png

The P at the end means Pulse or one-shot

the addp means add (pulse) 1 to d218 and put the result in d218

STFL M999 M1000 K3 K1 is a bit left-shift register 3 bits long (K3) starting from M1000 towards left (higher addresses) and shifting by one bit (K1) on each execution.
After the shift M999 is written into the register input.

STFL M1000 M1100 K20 K3 is a bit left-shift register 20 bits long starting from M1100 towards left (higher addresses) and shifting by 3 bits on each execution.
After the shift 3 bits stasrted from M1000 are written into the register input.

The P suffix means an instruction pulse format (aka differential, aka one shot).
Otherwise instruction is executed each scan as long as the condition is true.

K1 is signed decimal constant (+1).

Aaron Hewitt said:
Firstly I tried to download the manuals from mitsi website but cant find any that desribe in detail the commands nitty gritty.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Aaron

Most Mitsubishi Manuals here

Look down the list for the programming manuals for the plc you are using, there you will find the instructions

For instance the FX Series Programming Manual is here

Ok I have the shift registers sorted - one more question

Whate does this mean:-

MOVP H0FFFF K4M999

Presuem it is some sort of One shot Move. It is linked to a reset. M999 is the first data bit in the register. It is the HOFFFFF that puzzles me. Is this a global reset that turns bits off?

Thanks again for the kind advice - I really appreciate it.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Hewitt said:
Ok I have the shift registers sorted - one more question

Whate does this mean:-

MOVP H0FFFF K4M999

Presuem it is some sort of One shot Move. It is linked to a reset. M999 is the first data bit in the register. It is the HOFFFFF that puzzles me. Is this a global reset that turns bits off?

Thanks again for the kind advice - I really appreciate it.

Regards

Aaron

MOV P is a Pulsed Move (ie one shot)

H0FFFF is Hex value FFFF (1111 1111 1111 1111 in Binary)

K4M999 see explanation from manual below (the same manual i posted a link to!)

K4M.jpg