GX Developer ladder for position

DrLevine

Hello I'm new in PLC writing and I want to understand how I can determine position with 2 magnetic sensors and 4 stop for lift position. Or could you give me advice which function must I use.
Thank you.

DrLevine,

Your question is a little vague, so i'll try to answer with a general discussion.

First, try to sketch the process.
Second, write down what you are doing.
Third, add the I/o to your descriptions.

So my question is, what are the magnetic sensors for and where are they used?
What are the 4 stops that you are referring to and what are they used for?

regards,
james

I guess I'm still a little confused on what you are looking for. It looks like you were given a schematic to make a PLC program out of?

Or are you wondering how the switches work in your elevator example?

Last edited:
I guess I'm still a little confused on what you are looking for. It looks like you were given a schematic to make a PLC program out of?

Or are you wondering how the switches work in your elevator example?

I cant understand which function I have to use. I think I have to count and use some M outputs... sorry for my explaination but I have to make this Ladder for my university project using Mitshubish Fx2N PLC. But Im newbie in this.

There is usually more than one "function" needed to make a program work. I am not familiar with Mitsubishi PLC's, but the theory is the same. You need to have an idea of how the process control works.. Inputs vs Outputs etc, then sketch or write out your process.. What needs to happen, and in what order. Then start to figure out what is going to make those things happen. I.E. Someone pushes a button to go to floor 2 (Input), so the motor moves the elevator up (Output) until it hits a prox switch on the second floor (Input). You need to get your process down first and then tackle the program. If you post your progress people here will be more than happy to help you along. Work out as much as you can, and then post and ask about what you're stuck on.