Happy Holidays to all

ArikBY said:
I do not celebrate Christmas.
But I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy new year.
Do not open religion discussion agine.
Just respect each other tradition.

Not a religious discussion at all, but about 'political correctness'.

When I was younger, 'Merry Christmas' was a term that was commonly used on merchandise, shop windows, etc in western countries. Nowadays you see Happy Holiday.

Nothing against other religions or countries, but I bet if you visit those countries during festival times, you don't see 'Happy Holiday' you see messages proudly showing what the festival is, and rightly so.

In the UK, one town council planned not to support any Christmas festivities, so not to offend non-christians. Sorry, but until the UK is deemed not to be a Christian country, that is just wrong.

Changing Merry Christmas to Happy Holiday, is just wrong.

It's nothing to do with religious indifference, everyone should be free to celebrate their own festivities without worrying about offending others. Especially in their own Country.

In the UK you can get into trouble for putting up an English flag (not that I would being Welsh :D), because that can offend non British!!!

Here in Canada I see Canadian flags everywhere, that's great, so why can an Englishman put up an English flag in England.

Political correctness gone mad.

My original post was because I had been looking for ribbon with Merry Xmas on and could only find Happy Holiday and that annoyed me.

ArikBY said:
I do not celebrate Christmas.
But I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy new year.
Do not open religion discussion agine.
Just respect each other tradition.

I think that all of our religious saviours' birthday anniversaries should be mentionable without striking discord among us, or oppressive responses.

PiEaCe and Best Wishes
To
All!

Paul