Having difficulty with Lenze

Rob S.

I just got off the phone with a distributor for Lenze and I just got back from Lenze in Uxbridge, MA. after going up and
trying to shake some things up , because I have been very disappointed with their parts and service ( or lack of ).
The distributor I was speaking with is also disappointed
with Lenze , and they deal with them alot.
Has anyone else had trouble getting parts and service from
Lenze , and does anyone have any solid contacts and phone numbers in Germany. Alot of our equipment was built in europe,
and I need better service in the U.S. The company in Europe that built our equipment , is also concerned and are considering going with SEW. I have SEW Eurodrive coming in, in about 2 weeks to give us an assessment on replacing our
Lenze motors with SEW.

Any thoughts

Thanks in advance , and have a great weekend.

It's not my normal practice to trash suppliers but I used to rep Lenze and, unfortunately, you've got them pegged. The customer service part of their business is so abyssmally poor that it was time to celebrate when I finally separated from them. It's really a pity too, because the hardware is quite good.

To put a spanner in the works, here in South Africa I have awesome support and backup from the local Lenze supplier. The smallest problem I have and they bend over backwards to help me. Their drives and motors are, in my opinion, one of the best.

Tip - dont try and disconnect a motor from a drive when it is at standstill while in torque mode :) they tend to smoke a bit when you do that