Hc900 pid

_V_

Hello everyone !

I read the help tab on the PID function block but I dind't understand.
Can someone explain to me ?
And how to use setpoints ?

Hello everyone !

I read the help tab on the PID function block but I dind't understand.
Can someone explain to me ?

That is a very deep question.

Is this about the HC900 PID implementation and its HMI specifically, or about PIDs in general?

Are you a visual learner, or do you learn from a description, possibly via formulae, of the behavior?

Do you learn from domain-specific examples, or by analogies?

And how to use setpoints ?
For what purpose do you want to "use" setpoints?

The Setpoint is the value you want the process to be at. (What you want)

The Process Variable is the value that the process is at. (What you got)

PID determines the difference between what you have and what you want (the error) and changes the controller's output to attempt to get the what you have to match or equal what you got.

I want to control the temperature, so the PV is my thermocouple reading and image its like 1400ºC and I want 1300ºC.
I put 1300ºC on the RSP and it changes the fan velocity to stay at 1300ºC ?

Is it this way ?

I want to control the temperature, so the PV is my thermocouple reading and image its like 1400ºC and I want 1300ºC.
I put 1300ºC on the RSP and it changes the fan velocity to stay at 1300ºC ?

Is it this way ?

Yes I think this is correct

PV is thermocouple reading

Setpoint is 1300

CV (control variable) is fan velocity

RSP is the Remote Setpoint.

Is there some reason you are not using the Local Setpoint which is the SP that is used in the HMI loop controller graphic?

danW I don't know what is better to use, where can I find the SP ? on the SP program tab ? how do I interconnect that and the PID ?

danW I don't know what is better to use, where can I find the SP ? on the SP program tab ? how do I interconnect that and the PID ?

I do realize that the path to comprehension Google Fu is difficult and thorny, and not everyone can go through it. But try it anyway. Check what will be in the first link to the "Hc900 pid" request