Heartbeat Failure Barber Coleman Maco Rs

Hi hello. I’ve invested tons of time and money into retrofitting an old blowmolding machine to run plastic fuel tanks/Jerry cans. My machine is a 2004 Bekum BM506 and it has 7 extruders. We initially had lots of drive errors in communications but have cleaned up all cable framing errors etc that we seem to be told by the STAT diagnostics.

We continue having a PLC4 heartbeat failure which kicks the machine to a status called “time slot not running”. It’s really become a burden with all the downtime and poor troubleshooting.

If anyone thinks they could help…

Bump on Barber COlman MACO help

Hey just been running this machine for nearly 9 days straight and suddenly a data handler 4 heartbeat failure and my on-screen software (wonderware) tells me the time slot is not running..

When I go out on my network (ModbusPlus) I notice the same Node is always missing. Address 4.

DRIVING ME CRAZYYYYYY

Do you know what device has Address 4?

ModbusPlus uses 2 wires plus ground, generally crimped into sub-D style connectors. We had issues with corrosion on those pins within the connector. Cleaned up with contact cleaner and re-seated the wires every now and then no more issues.

Since it is a daisy chained network, I'd check the connectors on the devices before and after device 4.