heat shrink printer

bbseay

What is a decent quality heat shrink printer for labeling wires? How much does it cost and what is an average cost per wire marked?
Thanks in advanced.
Billy

Brady TLS2200. I think its around $700-800. I buy sleeves in 1000 bulk rolls, I forget the exact price, but its somewhere around .25/marker.

We use OKI9, with raychem shrinkmark labels.

Printer cost about $1000 NZD, labels about $300/1000.

Can get up to 34 characters on the wire labels

Panduit makes a small and affordable one too.
You can use your PC to set up labels and send them to the printer via USB when you're done.
I believe their rolls cost anywhere from 100-245.00 for 1000 labels, depedns on the size.
I've used it quite few times and it works/looks good.
Easy Mark is the software package , I don't have the printer here to give you a model number and such.
Figure $500.00 or so for the whole thing.

We bought the IDXpert from Brady to make heat-shrink wire markers. It worked out OK, the finished labels are definitely top-notch but there is some labor involved, i.e. heating the sleeves after you put them on, and the heat shrink tape cartridges are expensive. We went this route because we were previously using an IDPal but always had problems with the labels not sticking to the wire. After we bought the IDXpert, we found out that we had been using the wrong tape with the IDPal (vinyl instead of cloth). We bought some cloth tape cartridges and it is a world of difference. I think most of our guys are using the IDPal now since it takes less time than the heat-shrink.

Phoenix Contact makes a nice Bench Top printer (Thermomark S1) which takes shrink wraps and wire labels. Software works well and will import from Excel.

Giz.