HELP! CompactLogix 1768-L43 Flashing RED OK

Shali78717

Absolute newby here. Also new to PLC. But I am a seasoned Electronics and Computer Tech. Helping to get my buddy's machine back up and running. His production is at a dead stop.

The machine suddenly stopped. It has a touch screen operator panel.

Allen Bradley Logix 5343 1768-L43.The OK LED is flashing RED.

I read that this may be a recoverable error.

Any step-by-step guidance in resolving is much appreciated.

Thank you
Shali

Hello and welcome to the forum. Does your colleague have the engineering tool for this PLC? You need a software from Rockwell Automation called Studio 5000 which requires a license. If you register in the Rockwell website you should be able to download the installation which has a grace period of 7 days. You must have the program running in the PLC. Do you have the contact from the machine builder? The person who wrote this program should be the best person to get support from.

Absolute newby here. Also new to PLC. But I am a seasoned Electronics and Computer Tech. Helping to get my buddy's machine back up and running. His production is at a dead stop.

The machine suddenly stopped. It has a touch screen operator panel.

Allen Bradley Logix 5343 1768-L43.The OK LED is flashing RED.

I read that this may be a recoverable error.

Any step-by-step guidance in resolving is much appreciated.

Thank you
Shali

Your buddy should be contacting the person who normally maintains the machine, who has all the proper software needed to access the fault information and resolve it.
Or, if that person/company is unavailable, then contact a 3rd party service supplier who might have the proper software.

We got in touch with the person who built the machine earlier today. He is checking if he has a replacement 1768-L43 module at-hand to overnight to us for a quick swap. Failing, he will attempt to re-program the module remotely with our assistance.

Shall report back soon.

Thanks for the suggestions