|
Master PLC (CP1H)
|
-------------------------
| | |
| | |
Slave 1 Slave 2 Slave 3

And some case:
- Master PLC communicate with PC to display status information of machine (Alarms, running, stop,...) and master PLC will collect these info from 3 Slave PLC.
- When user run/stop any icon on screen of computer, computer send a command to Master PLC. Next, master PLC check a command and send it to right Slave PLC (1 or 2 or 3).

This is my an idea but i don't know
1. Am i an idea true ?
2. which is protocol network used ?

Thanks for any help.

Omron PLC's I don't know about ethernet. I'm sure someone here will chime in. But devicenet would do the trick.

Hello Duckling,

What you are asking - YES I believe it is possible to configure the system as you show.
What devices are Slaves 1 - 3?

Hi Paulus,
Maybe we'll use CPM2A for 3 slave. We can buy add modules for communicate.
Have you done it in last ?

Do you think this way correctly ?

*****PC********
*****|(using RS232C - Host Link)
Master PLC (CP1H)
(RS485)
|*************|*****************|
RS485********RS485*************RS485
CPM2A********CPM2A*************CPM2A

- Which protocol and module communicate used to communicate from master PLC to these slave PLC ?
- Give me your advice if you can.

Thanks,

Maybe we'll use CPM2A for 3 slave.

Why bother with the CPM2A range, why not use the CP1 range all the way through?

With the correct comms modules,you can set up serial PLC links quite easily.

www.omron247.com/doc/pdfcatal.nsf/0B77F5A2BFFCD84686257336007EF60F/$FILE/B11CP1Bro0807.pdf

Copy this link into your web browser, this is the promotional brochure that gives an indication on what can be acheived with the CP1 range.

Why 4 PLC's? Why not remote IO?

Hi scottmurphy,
I read manual of CP1H, i see caution that Cannot use both serial 1 and serial 2 at same time. So I think If I used serial 1 for computer, I had used RS485 for another one.

- We have had 5 module so we want these independent (use 4 PLC).
- I/O remote, you mean used CompoBus/S, is that right ? Could you give more info about it ?

Best regard,

Hi,
After research on omron webpage, I think I could used CP1 range for project. (CP1H for master and CP1L for slave)
That's good way. And using Serial PLC link to connect these together.
Do you have Serial PLC link document or some advice to do it ?

thanks,

Hi scottmurphy,
I read manual of CP1H, i see caution that Cannot use both serial 1 and serial 2 at same time. So I think If I used serial 1 for computer, I had used RS485 for another one.

I doubt this is the case, but not 100%. I think it would work, the CP1 range are pretty powerful little units!

- I/O remote, you mean used CompoBus/S, is that right ? Could you give more info about it ?

OR Ethernet/IP, devicenet, profibus, there are plenty of options, all depends on what is best for your application.

Do you have Serial PLC link document or some advice to do it ?

Perhaps where you were looking...

After research on omron webpage

Maybe you should contact your local Omron agent, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi,
Thanks scottmurphy,
Now we decide use CP1H for master and CP1L for slave.
I had searched on omron webpage, i saw price of CP1L and CPM2A. Why CPM2A more expensive than CP1L ? CP1L is newer than CPM2A, is that right ?
And in datasheet, maybe these are nearly function.

Best regards,

The CP1L and H are the latest shoeboxes. I would use a CP1L with CompoNet as the remote I/O. Way better than CompoBus/S.

duckling said:

Not true. Both work simultaneously.
Pp