help finding sample code for 'steps'

bledet

I've been searching for an hour with no luck. Not sure if I saw it here, on AB's knowledge base, or another site. What I am looking for is sample code for 'stepping' through a process where the code verifies the step has been completed before moving on. I have found some sequencing examples, but I remember the code I saw was much simpler. Any ideas of what I am looking for or a better search term to use?

bledet said:
I've been searching for an hour with no luck. Not sure if I saw it here, on AB's knowledge base, or another site. What I am looking for is sample code for 'stepping' through a process where the code verifies the step has been completed before moving on. I have found some sequencing examples, but I remember the code I saw was much simpler. Any ideas of what I am looking for or a better search term to use?

In Mitsubishi speak its called an MC and enables the vertical potion of the branch after a certain condition has been met, is that the sort of thing you are after ?

simple is always better.
Use integer files, when the step is complete move the next step number into the step engine integer file. Use equals to enable the next step, complete the step then move the next step number into the engine. You get the idea, works well from re starting from a specific step number, go back, jump three steps, whatever, works very well.

Another easy way is to use a counter. Each off / on transition pulse to the counter is a step. Make logic after counter compare the acc value to turn on outputs. When the sequence is done reset the counter and start over.