Help for Latch/Unlatch and toggled bit in RSLogix 5000

Your response indicates to me that you still haven't completely understood what I said.

To re-iterate : outputs are memory locations :-: OTE, OTL and OTU are instructions that can change the memory locations dependant on the logic that precedes them.

This concept is fundamental to the understanding of, and being able to write/debug, PLC logic that it is a must to get it under your belt asap.

Yes you are right (y) I totally understand your meaning. It's just a bad way that I expressed my words in. šŸ™ƒ

Yes you are right (y) I totally understand your meaning. It's just a bad way that I expressed my words in. šŸ™ƒ

In this game, expressing your words is more than half the problem.

Hopeful you can see what a difference it makes - and I wish you luck with solving your issues now that you understand the fundamentals.

Daba, thank you so much for the detailed explanation. Followed your instruction, I found there's another task that turns off the OTE outputs that are supposed to keep energized by the latch switch. Well to be honest, I didn't know OTE could turn off OTL before. I thought only OTU could. anyway, the program works good after I inhibited that task. You saved my job :D!!!

So, what does that task do, and under what circumstances? Have you considered the consequences of randomly inhibiting tasks on the overall process? If this is an existing system, my guess is that "the other task" is there for a reason, and inhibiting it may not be the best course to follow.

So, what does that task do, and under what circumstances? Have you considered the consequences of randomly inhibiting tasks on the overall process? If this is an existing system, my guess is that "the other task" is there for a reason, and inhibiting it may not be the best course to follow.

Hello Joseph, that task is a temporary one to test if every single output works. It should be deleted once the wiring job is complete. Don't worry there shouldn't have any detrimental effect to the whole system. :unsure: