Help! I need some Galileo advice.

scalelar

I have a customer who has a Galileo app that is about 5 years old. We bought the Galileo software from Moeller to make some small changes. I don’t find the product to be very intuitive (at least not to me) and I have very little CE experience. I have a few questions so feel free to answer any or all. It will be greatly appreciated!

1.The current app uses an INGEAR OPC server. I would like to use the AB Ethernet / IP driver that is now available. Do I have to upgrade the CE version to do this? And if so does that require a new license? If I have to stay with the INGEAR OPC do I need a licensee just to change the IP address of the plc that the app is communicating to?

2. When I changed the protocols I’m having to go into each tag and change the address structure. Surely there is an automatic way of doing this.

3. Is there a published procedure for upgrading apps? I don’t find much on the Moeller site.

What version of Galileo Software do you have?

What type of panel are you using with the Galileo software?
Menu picks: Config / Panel Type

I'm not sure about the licensing question. There are some drivers that the manufacturers charge for, in this case AB. The Galileo screens work on a points system. Most screens come with some points installed for basic functionality. The more features you need the more points you have to buy. The AB Ethernet/IP drivers requires 120 points total.

Note that Galileo is made by Micro Innovation. There is information about the licensing here:\
http://www.microinnovation.com/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-26/

Also, I have e-mailed Microinovation directly and have received replies so you could try that route as well.

It looks like there is a move tag feature as well but I have never tried it.

Thanks for the reply ndzied1. The software I have is V6.1.5, compiler V 4.32.
The terminal is a XV-/MC2-430/440-10TVB.

I will try emailing Microinovation as well.
Thanks