Help! Keyence CV5000-controllogix ethernet/ip communication

vagler

Has anybody been able to control a CV5000 vision system using commands via ethernet/ip with explicit message instructions, or by any other mean using a controllogix controller.

I have tried everything indicated on the CV manual but it won't just work, I don't know what I am missing.

Any help will be appreciated.

I finally did it, is so much simpler than how is explain on the manual. For you who need this info here is how is configured:

Message type: CIP Generic
Service Type: Custom
Source Element: tag(indicated below)
Source Length: (see below)
Service Code: 4C (For sendig a comand)
Class: 64
Instance: 1
Attribute: 6E (For sending an array of bytes)
Destination: CV output tag (eg:Camera:O.Data)

Source element: a INT tag (not DINT as mentioned on the manual :S) where you place the command number and parameter.
For example if you want to switch programs is: 24, 1 for SD memory one and the program number:
My tag is: camera_cmd_tx filled like this:
camera_cmd_tx[0]=24
camera_cmd_tx[2]=1 (for SD memory number)
camera_cmd_tx[4]=1 (for program number)

Source length: Depends if you send only a command number is 4 bytes, if you send command number and parameters is 12.

Hope it helps!