Help Me In This Program This Is My Final Test

Paul T said:
Sure, it's always easy when it works! Now add the logic to throw a fault when the light doesn't come on, link the faults to the HMI, and restart the light from the same spot in the sequence after the fault's cleared... <heh!>

I would suggest that the light would have to be ON in the first place, otherwise how would you find the switch?
What action needs to take place if the light isn't on? (e.g. If not light ON, then switch on flashlight!). :D

Paulus said:
I would suggest that the light would have to be ON in the first place, otherwise how would you find the switch?
What action needs to take place if the light isn't on? (e.g. If not light ON, then switch on flashlight!). :D

Ah, but if you invested a lil more in the construction, then you surely would've installed switches with the lil red 'give away'-lights.
And what if the batteries in the flashlight are dead? Maybe you should opt for a biip biip sound coming from the switch when the light is turned off.

Has a risk assessment been done? If the bulb gets hot enough to burn fingers a safety circuit may be required to rapidly cool the bulb if someone approaches it. Or an access fence placed around it. How bright will the bulb be, is there a chance someones retinas could get damaged if they were to look directly at it?

Hello Ericsson

I hope you understand that everyone here is not being mean spirited -(I think) - it's just that most have spent hundreds of hours banging thier heads into the wall figureing out how to do things with a PLC that where more complicated that your project. I can remember being up well past midnight at a customer sites banging my head into the wall also. I would be happy to help you debug a program but would not help you write the program and would hope no one else would either.

Good luck,
Chris

Hello Ericsson

I hope you understand that everyone here is not being mean spirited -(I think) - it's just that most have spent hundreds of hours banging thier heads into the wall figureing out how to do things with a PLC that where more complicated that your project. I can remember being up well past midnight at a customer sites banging my head into the wall also. I would be happy to help you debug a program but would not help you write the program and would hope no one else would either.

Good luck,
Chris

Ericsson,

Your focus in the beginning should start with the Outputs, the devices that control the results.

1. Make a list of your PLC Outputs.
2. Consider what inputs will be necessary to completely operate these outputs.
3. Add any timers, counters, and other functions to achieve a complete program.
4. Start your program by inserting 1 rung for each Output.
5. Now go back and add inputs and other instructions to make the outputs operate.

I will do Item 1, to get you started:

1. Outputs:
Gate Open Motor Starter
Gate Closed Motor Starter

2. Inputs:

A 2-page Microsoft Word document is attached. It explains how to write a PLC student program for the RSLogix programming software.

Last edited:
I want to know what kind of Mickey Mouse class is this? Final Exam? This is basics and should be covered in the first month of class!

jlcann0n said:
I want to know what kind of Mickey Mouse class is this? Final Exam? This is basics and should be covered in the first month of class!

HEY! lighten up with the "Mickey Mouse" stuff. He's my hero.

Hi Eric,

It's better to use another sensor after the door. So that if the door is fully open, this sensor detects the incoming truck, then activates the downward direction of the door once the truck leaves that sensor. In this case use N contact, or falling edge triggerd contact. In the entrance is a sensor also that detects the number of trucks that enters, use this as an input to counter then multiply this current counter data to 125 boxes that each truck carries, in doing so just multiply from the math instruction. I hope this will help u. Good Luck and God Bless with ur exam.

If not light ON, then switch on flashlight!
Hey! Who signed off the requisition for this flashlight? This is an addition to the specification. There are standard Smoke & Mirrors Inc. procedures for this. (Does anyone remember abdurazzak from Huddersfield? here) I can't honestly remember who was last appointed in charge of portable illumination transducers for projects of this scale. Any takers?

Ken

Forget the flashlight, light bulb, and associated logic circuit. Due to the recent "green" movement, we are going to install a skylight and use the room only during daylight hours.

We will lobby for year 'round daylight savings time so we can have an extra hour of daylight every day to use the room.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Stationmaster

Stationmaster said:
Forget the flashlight, light bulb, and associated logic circuit. Due to the recent "green" movement, we are going to install a skylight and use the room only during daylight hours.

Stationmaster

If the skylight can be opened, won't we need some sort of Ladder to reach it?

Stationmaster said:

We will lobby for year 'round daylight savings time so we can have an extra hour of daylight every day to use the room.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Stationmaster

I guess someone forgot to mention that the room was on ground level, of a 12 story building.
Although I really like the idea and applaud it, who will take it upon him to design the new glass ceilings/floor? Not sure either if glass is the way to go, as it might not be compliant to safety regulations.

Ken: thanks for linking that lil gem. had tears in my eyes at page 7.......