Help!! Need someone to write a program

In your first rung are the coil instruction labeled "ATD Relay 1" and the contact instruction labeled "ATD" supposed to be from the same device?. In the same rung, is the contact labeled "All Reset" from the coil in the next rung? What is the source of the unlabeled contact?
yes the atd are from the same internal relay (anti tie down)
the all reset is coming up at the end of the program for if the pushbuttons aren't held in until the clamp clamps then it goes back to initial conditions and resets the counter and timers

**** that, I am a whore

Rent is due, and it is either this or ....

15 years in the industry.

pm me for cost et al

I did start this profession in 1996. I started the stand-up comedian gig in 2005. This basically means that the code will work but your comments and tag names will be wack.

Ok, my advice is that you learn how to use the timer instructions and then apply what you've learned to your program. Describe what should start a timer, what should happen while the timer is timing and what should happen when it reaches its preset value. How many timers do you think you will you need? If more than one, what will each timer's role be?

At least he gets to take a class...

My first introduction to PLC programming (actually I had see a 5TI program before) was being given a relay-logic schematic of a machine, a guy who had seen one work before, a stack of Allen-Bradley manuals (for a PLC I had never seen before) and a ship date.

well dave your ladder is a good start.
First make some diagrams:
a drawing of the machine
a diagarm with all connections to plc
a diagram on what is supposed to happen
a step sequence of what you think should happen
the programming itself is just repeating some steps.

this is what I have I know its not a lot but... also the power diagram of the 2 solinods

Actually, SOL1 / SOL2 and the associated PX1 / PX2 are an interesting arrangement.

There are at least 9 different fault or warning conditions associated with this arrangement.

That exercise, in itself, is a good one to undertake.

4. grinder advances and dwells
Before you get too far, tell us this: What good is a grinder going to do if it is not turning? At some point (probably Step 3A), you need to activate the grinder.

Also in your logic diagram, label the Pushbuttons as something other than PB1, PB2, and so on. Label according to the function of each. That will make helping you much easier (and also help you see where the errors are).

Last edited:
its on a air driven simulator theres not an actual grinder or clamp just solinoids and prox sensors
Then you should simulate the starting of the grinder. No need to learn programming wrong when you can do it right. In the real world, a grinder will not grind until it is started. Here would be how the first 4 Steps should look (while running, except this is in simulated RSLogix 500 instead of RSLogix 5000). Notice that every step (except 2 and 6) requires some finite time to complete (more than 1 PLC scan), so you will need timers or sensors to control those steps. I did not add the prox sensors because you did not say WHERE and WHY they were located. To get a working program, you will need to list your actual RSLogix 5000 Input and Output addresses.

Dave Dempsey Grinder- LogixPro.JPG

Last edited: