Help on Devicnet for D-485 (GE make) converter

raul_vaze

Hi,

I have some GE make energy meters communicating on Modbus as slaves to a GE make D-485 converter (Modbus-Devicenet converter).

Can anobody explain to me about how to read from the D-485 converter. I have really no idea about wat are instances , attributes , classes...

D-485 is set for correct node address and proper baud rate..Cabling too is correct

Thanks in Advance

Raul

Hi Raul,

I assume that you have the Enervista P485/D485 setup software, since you wrote: D-485 is set for correct node address and proper baud rate..Cabling too is correct.

In the software when highlighting Modbus Network and right-clicking, you can select Modbus Network Monitor to see the live data from/to your modbus slaves.

If the gateway is connected to a DeviceNet scanner, I would advise you to contact the DeviceNet scanner manufacturers support for how to read/write data to the gateway.

BR
Patrick Lansdorf
FAE
HMS Industrial Networks

Hi pudden ,

Thanks for the reply. In devicnet when u wanna read data from any device , if u are using explicit messaging then u need to have information about attributes , objects etc. I tried to look into the D-485 manual about the information but couldnt understand it properly. So can u pls tell me as to how to read from the gateway