(help on) PLC traffic project i want to try and work on

genesis1591

hello everyone i was thinking about starting on a new project on my RSLogix 500, i was going to be doing a traffic project! however, i am a little lost on how or where to start maybe you guys can help me out. i do know i am going to have to use subroutines on this project for the separate things on my project ill be attaching a picture of what i want done and i what i have to do everyones input and wisdom would be greatly appreciated please.

traffic.jpg

Looks like yet another school project to me. Don't they get tired of asking? At least this user was a little more creative with his asking someone to do his homework......LOL

However, I am a little lost on how or where to start maybe you guys can help me out.
Genesis, Yes indeeed we can help you out. The 10 million people who have done the traffic light program with RSLogix have found it easiest to start with:

(1.) 1 timer, set for the total cycle time of both sets of lights (N/S and E/W). In your case, that appears to be 12 seconds.
(2) one ladder rung with one PLC Output for each light, so you need to assign one of your actual PLC Output addresses for each light color).
(3) Then add timer values to each light output rung to make that lignt go on at the proper timer value, then go off at the proper timer value.
(4) There is no 4 - you are done with the basic traffic light.

Traffic Light 12-sec Cycle.jpg

Last edited: