Help on Siemens MP377 HMI Crash??

RPax

Hi, was wondering if somebody could help. We're using a Siemens Touch HMI MP377 Panel (6AV6 644-0AA01-2AX0)on one of our machines. The electrical panel that it was located on was powered down and on power up it attempted to load the image from flash, but then just stalled out. We got the following error

Boot CE MP377
Version 01.00.31.00
MAC: 00-OE-8C-XX-XX etc
Enabling update Mode ..
Loading image from flash
Error: Could not load image file
Waiting for image update.

And at the moment thats all that appears on the screen. We have made several attemps to reboot.

When i looked to see is there was any Flash Card being used at the back of the HMI panel the slot was empty. We do have a copy of the PLC code and when I open this up in Simatic Manager I can see the HMI WinCC flex file also.

However, when i try to open the HMI file I get an error on log files etc. I take it that I do not have a compatible version of WinCC Flexible (We have Version 2005 only).

At this stage I'am just wondering what to do or do I have any options??. Is it possible to get into the configuration mode of the panel and try and relaunch the file from there or download the a file via the compact flash port (will I need a special compact flash card?)as you would do with a AB Panelview.

Will I need to get back to the panel maker and ask to ZIP a file and possibly I could download via Prosave or something like that. I have never used one of these panels before so would be grateful for any advice you can give. Many thanks from a rather paniced RPax

This may be of some help

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/28928854

I think you need to find out what version of WinCC Flex was used in the project. Or you may be able to find someone with 2008 that can save it back to 2005 so you can open. I don't know if you can post your program on here but if you can I will try to convert it for you and send it back. Watch the file size the older versions of Flex make a big zip file when archived.

I had a simular problem some time ago when I tried to backup the program to flash card. The display hangend and never rebooted anymore. (Power down did not help, nothing).

What worked for me was to do a OS update with (via ethernet, connected to the mac address of the display) the checkbox "reset to factory settings" turned on. I had to do this via Simatic Prosave.

I cannot remember the complete procedure because I was under pressure and tried 50+ times before I succeded. (I think it helped to reboot the display and directly press the update button. I think the Mac addresse is send via the ethernet in the first part of booting)

I hope this will help you!

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/26437978

(Almost the same link as from CharlesM)

Last edited:
Lads, just want to say thanks for your replies. It looks from your links that I will need to do an OS Upgrade and reset to factory settings via ProSave to clear error . I've manages to order an upgrade to WinnCC Flex 2008 so hopefully will be able to open (thanks for the offer of converting Charles). If I get the error corrected, will post a reply on the procedure for future reference. Thanks again

need specific procedure how to download update OS

I had a simular problem some time ago when I tried to backup the program to flash card. The display hangend and never rebooted anymore. (Power down did not help, nothing).

What worked for me was to do a OS update with (via ethernet, connected to the mac address of the display) the checkbox "reset to factory settings" turned on. I had to do this via Simatic Prosave.

I cannot remember the complete procedure because I was under pressure and tried 50+ times before I succeded. (I think it helped to reboot the display and directly press the update button. I think the Mac addresse is send via the ethernet in the first part of booting)

I hope this will help you!

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/26437978

(Almost the same link as from CharlesM)

hello werner
as you mention above, reboot the display and directly press update button. What button did you mean? UPDATE OS button at prosave or else?
what kind connection did you made? Ethernet with cross cable or straight?