help to connect thermal printer with HMI serial port

Joe_1041

hi!

i am doing a project where . i have HMI with serial printer port. now manufacture cliam that any serial printer will work with HMI.

now on connecting thermal printer . it is not working at all.

pls. help if any one can....

You did not specify the HMI or printer models. Off hand I would check these manuals for the cable pinout to connect.

Regards,

It might be either the cable is/is-not a null modem cable, and you have to check the Baud, parity, stop bits, # of bits, etc for them to communicate with each other.

Any serial printer will use the same ASCII protocol but may have widely different comm's settings. And since there is no modem between the HMI and the printer it may need a null modem cable but some of the newer ones know of this and need a straight through cable.