Help. Trying To Control a DACU From SLC/500

grumpykiwi

Hi

I am trying to write some code to control an Agilent DACU from an SLC/500.

I have the code to setup the DACU and read the results. The problem is with how it has to be done.

The DACU could have up to 120 channels to get readings from. I can only do 5 channels at a time due to buffer length restraints.

Here is how it should work

Start Loop
Set up channels 101-105
Read channels 101-105
Store readings

Setup channels 106-110
Read channels 106-110
Store readings

Setup channels 111-115
Read channels 111-115
Store readings

End Loop

The current issue seems to be that the code is starting on the second group of channels, before the 1st group is finished. This causes the DACU to stop working all together

I have attached the RSS file in question from RSLogix 500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been programming various systems for 20 years, but this is my first time with a PLC and it is kicking my ***.

Thanks

Mark