help with fanuc 18i parameter list

Contr_Conn said:
Bob1371,
Call me if you need more info, PM me and I'll give you my phone, I am in the US on EST

hesham, check your mail

I have a lot of Fanuc PDFs, they are really large files. Little outdated, but still a good source.

Really I am not a big expert with Fanuc anymore - I did not use it for a 2 years.
Few years ago I built few huge custom machines (8 axis) with Fanuc 16i
I also familiar with Mitsubishi 635L CNC.
But my real expertise is in Indramat MTC200/MTCNC - feel free to ask.
HI Contr Conn, do you have some pdf manuals for the Fanuc O-A CNC control?
I'll really apreciate this.
THank you a lot
Roberto

manuals

hi
which manuals you need.i have it all in a PDF format.but as mentioned befor it's huge.
Br

Roberto,

I have manuals in PDF, but I have to dig for them.
Files are huge, no way I can email them...
I did not use Fanuc since 2001 so I don't really remember too much.

Since 2004 I am working with Allen-Bradley control only.

Hi Cont Conn, Hi Hesham,
The fact is that I dont know much (nothing) about CNC, I have this problem with a Fanuc CNC control model 0-A , its masterboard is a a-16-1010-0210 and its Crt is one A02b-0084-c092, and the problem is that the CRT is off, all the time, but the internal cinescope is on and voltages are ok (besides that when i turn off the control, the CRT iluminates as when you turn off any Screen), for the other side the board has this "red led" "lighted on" and nothing happens with the control. So im trying to have the original manuals (operators, maintenance, etc...) to know what this red light led means, if this can be solved in any way before to send it to repairment to Fanuc or any other representative. I dont have any manual for this control. So if you have any, regarding this very CNC specific model ( Fanuc 0-A or also called Fanuc 0-T) it will be so much apreciated my friends.
Thank you very much for your responce, really.
ROberto

BTW, I'd like to know and work more in this area, so any advice will be welcomed, this is really a great fortune to have this forum, with people like you here. Thanks

Contr_Conn,
Are you aware of forums like this aimed at various Fanuc controls? It would be much faster finding the parms for little 'gotchas'.

And yes the 'magic parms' are there, if you which ones.

Roberto,
Unfortunatly I only have the 0-PB hard copies. Sorry I can't help.

Rod (The CNC dude)

These manuals will not help you to repair CNC, call GE Fanuc techsupport and they will send someone to help you or tell you what boards you need.

Rod,

No I am not aware of any GE forums.
This topic started 2 years ago, that time I did all brands of controls.
I am 100% A-B now...

HI Again, thanks Contr Conn Thanks Rod, i'll call GeFanuc for sure tomorrow,

Hey Hasham if you find something i'll like to have it for present and future reference.

Rod, this board, has 3 leds on it, does the manual says what the red light means when its on?

Thank you very much!!

Roberto,
I MIGHT be able to help. We'll go through some steps:

1) Does the READY light on the front panel (near the power switch) come on?

2) The red LED you describe - is it labeld FLT? (Fault)

3) look at the power unit (MPU?) near the main board; is the green LED in the upper left corner on? It's about 8" wide and 6" high.

Since you have a lathe, you wont have safety mats, but you may have another fault holding off the lathe from coming READY.
Check all external systems:
Hydraulic unit, lube pump, ETC.

Rod (The CNC dude)

Roberto,

since this is a forum for PLCs it would be best to take CNC diagnostics elsewhere. Do you have e-mail that is fast?

I need the labels under the three LEDs (RDY FLT) those labels.

[email protected]

Phil,
I hope I haven't broken any rules.

Rod