Help With High Speed Counter on sewing machines

I didnt think I had missed anything.

The 50fpm is from the "puller" that transports the rug, I have not seen an rpm associated with it.

The 3000 rpm is the max for the sewing machines, there are 2 independent sewing machines.

Speed is relative to the "stitch", different materials etc require different type stitching, the stitch can vary in size depending on pull through speed and sewing machine speed.

This is not a linear process, it could run at 25fpm and 3000 rpm or 50fpm and 1500rpm. I dont think any "axis" can be the master, I am not sure you would use PID in this case. The application involves "recipes" that set the speed and stitch rate.

There is a need to monitor that both sewing machines actual rate matches the set rate, plus the ability to position needles in the up position when stopped.

Mute point anyway, the information 2004sk thought he needed was not provided so he quit responding. I thought I had time to help/work on one more project before classes started, classes started yesterday, so I will quietly go back in the corner and let someone assist (assuming 2004sk returns) that has more time and ability.

Hey everyone.
I been having problems with my cable internet connection. Trees and cable don't mix to well.

I agree with using the 1500 because its has 2 onboard hsc but how would use a "pickup" style arrangement thru a digital input. Would that mean like a tach ring and a prox. If so what tooth ring would i need.

I think the 1500's power will also allow the needle to stop where ever i wants

kevin