help with panelbuilder 32

stu

Hi guys
I have a question can I use a panelview 1000 on a compactlogix and use the tag names not bit addresses ?

Hi

Yes you can use the panel view 1000 with compact logic but what comms are you using. The way I used normally do it was using the map plc function under tools I think in the logic 5000 software. I would use the slc or plc 5 type address in the hmi.
Now I think and I maybe wrong but i do think if it's an Ethernet or was it device net panel view you could use the tags in the hmi

Donnchadh

It depends on the firmware of the PanelView Standard terminal and the revision of PanelBuilder32.

In general, PanelView Standard terminals with about version 4.20 and later firmware can use Logix 5000 native tag names, without using PLC/SLC Mapping.

In my recollection, only Controller-scope tags were accessible, and only the basic atomic datatypes were usable; INT, SINT, DINT, REAL, BOOL. I don't recall how PanelBuilder32 handled Strings with ControlLogix.

One neat feature is that the PanelView Standard can also be an I/O module over EtherNet/IP, giving you really excellent pushbutton performance.