help with pvp 700

stu

hi
i have a question for you,i have been told that when dataloging you can store the file on to a pc as long as it is on the same ip band? i have a compactlogix (pac) and a pvp 700 connected via ethernet, if this is the case how do i go about storing data to a pc not a cf card.thanks

To log data to a network location, the network drive must be shared, and the terminal must be logged in to the same Domain as the computer on the network.
The Domain should contain a DNS (Domain Name Server); a workgroup will not work.
The user must have access rights for the domain; the PanelView Plus or PanelView Plus CE terminal cannot be part of a domain.
However, you can verify that the user who is logged into the PanelView Plus or PanelView Plus CE terminal is on a user list that is part of a domain.
For more information about logging in to a Windows domain or authenticating users, see page 17-1 of the User Manual.
The computer name (UNC path such as Server_Name-->Logs) must be used in the path for the data log; do not use the IP address of the remote PC.

- fuzzy logic

Last edited:
Just trying to get my head around what to do, I have a pvp 700 connected to a compactlogix via a splitter Ethernet if I connect our server network into the the Ethernet splitter and then enter the server name into the panelview ie ( engineers_network>tipper log ???) is that right??? I am new to this thanks stu

Hi I have tried storing the datalog on a cf card temp but when I went to view the log there was a Rockwell folder, then rsview folder then a runtime folder but it was empty?? I checked what slot the cf card was in ( slot 1) but I did say in the datalog setup it was storage 1?? Any ideas why I can't see any data thanks stu