PVP mer file help

Cherokee 96

Hi there PVP experts

I uploaded PVP mer file to my laptop, now I am trying to run the uploaded mer file on the computer. When I run all I get is error and ?????? What am I doing wrong ?
Attached pic

Thanks

BP.jpg

I would say you need to configure the communications again. Go in to "Communication Setup" from the tree on the left. and re-configure the Device Shortcut for both the target and local.

I have had that problem when simulating and the PLC was not connected to my laptop or when I had the wrong communication path as Jeev mentioned.

As you uploaded the MER file I am assuming you do not have the HMI project files on your PC. If the MER file is V5 or later you can use the application manager to recreate the project and then edit the communication path.

You can also open Factory Talk Diagnostic Viewer to see the errors. You will find it under Rockwell Software>Factory Talk Tools> Diagnostic Viewer.

Your laptop needs to have access to the PLC for the tags to populate. Wireless or hardwire. If you are using the Running Man to run the .MER you must have the development connection setup with the correct path. It does not use the runtime path.