PVP 1000 RSLinxNG.exe Serious Error

AMarks95

Hello,

I made a small change to my FTV ME file (added an ack-all button) and re-downloaded to my PVP.

Since then, when the application starts up (during the loading application popup) I get the following error:

'Application RSLinxNG.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down. Then, my application loads up, starts at the main screen, but then immediately goes to the alarm history screen on it's own.

The application was fine before and I have made no other changes.
Deleting the application, recreating .mer, and re-downloading did not remedy the error.

Even undoing the change and downloading does not fix it. Has anybody run into this error before?

Recreated the whole linx tree from scratch in design and runtime, without using the 'copy to runtime' button as I've seen that could cause some other issues, so it may have been the culprit.
No change.

Did you create the changed .mer at the same revision level as the original? iirc several years ago I saw this or a similar RSLinx crash when I uploaded a v7 file to make a minor modification and created as a v9 or v10 (since that was the firmware of the panel). Re-creating at the original lower revision resolved the issue.

Did you create the changed .mer at the same revision level as the original? iirc several years ago I saw this or a similar RSLinx crash when I uploaded a v7 file to make a minor modification and created as a v9 or v10 (since that was the firmware of the panel). Re-creating at the original lower revision resolved the issue.

Everything that has been done has been at revision level 12. I've factory reset and re-upgraded the firmware to 12 again and still getting the error.

Downloading a dummy/default program I don't get the same error, so it must be with this specific application.

Ended up replacing the 'RSLinxNG.xml' and 'RSLinxNG02.xml' with the 'DefaultTemplate.xml' and 'DefaultTempalte02.xml' after renaming them.

Then set the FTLinx settings to default from the config menu and restart the panel. Still getting the error on subsequent starts, but everything seems to function ok regardless.