help with pvp vba

stu

I have a question that I am stuck on
I am thinking of a project that I have 4 x step sequences with 15 steps in each sequence on a machine which I would like to display on the pvp diagnostic page ?
I have thought that I could use a multistate indicator and for each step it tells us in the caption where it is in the sequence .
but now im stuck , because im tight for space on the page and want to keep the screen tidy I thought if I put all 4 multistate indicator boxes over each other and have 4 hmi buttons to make them visable is that possible with out programing the plc ? thanks stu

You can use an HMI tag to control the visibility of each multistate indicator:

a) Set the visibility of the first indicator as tag == 0, the second one as tag == 1, and so on.
b) Use the first button to write 0 to the tag, the second button to write 1...

Don't forget to set the Data Source type of the tag as memory.

Since HMI tags have a slow response, try setting a quick Update Rate on the screen properties.

You could also use the buttons to set a HMI tag to any value from 1-4, and then just control the visibility of each multistate indicator based on the value of that tag. No PLC mods required. If you need to save even more space, rather than four buttons, you could have one button, which brings up a popup with a selection list, where you can select which one you want to view. Very easy to tie a value to each state in the list.