Help with Stratix 8300 Routing

My issue is my 8000 won't accept the gateway address which is my 8300 IP address it just doesn't save it when I submit. I have CNA but it has that much you can change I didn't want to change setting I shouldn't, I think I will look at using this and setting the gateway.

I got this working as it should do, I flashed the latest firmware to all the stratix's and set the gateway address.

My next step is setting up the stratix 5700 switches which are located in our machine control panels which are connect with copper from port 10 or 20 depending on the switch port quantity to each port on the 8000's.

Now when I setup the 5700's how is the best way to go about doing this with regards setting up the management VLAN and VLAN created which the router uses, and also the smart ports. I have one part of the line that uses the IP range of 10.6.36.x, the VLAN IS 636 and the IP is 10.6.36.1. And the nodes use 10.6.36.10 - 10.6.36.28. I setup the 5700 with the Managment VLAN 1 as 10.16.36.10 and the created the VLAN 636 as 10.6.36.1 I then setup 9 out of the 10 ports as VLAN 636 and one as VLAN 1 for setting up and connecting my laptop into., now if my PLC is connected to the port which is on VLAN 636 can it communicate with the switch, as in if I add the switch to the PLC ethernet tree in studio 5000 will my PLC beable to communicate freely with it.

Also should I make my 5700's management VLAN 1 in the same IP range as my main stratix 8000/8300's and set the smart ports as trunk so that I can communicate with all switches from any VLAN 1 port?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have a lot to configure so I would like to get it setup right first time instead of having to revisit them again later.

Thanks

Rob