Stratix 5700 HELP

Ryan_Flowers

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello again,

Attached is a photo of the name plate for the Stratix 5700 switch I am trying to program. I have This manual, but I can't seem to get to the web portal to do my programming. I don't have the box or manual it came in so I have no other reference other than that PDF. My LAN adapter IPv4 is set to obtain the IP and DNS automatically. I've used both Chrome and IE in combination of every default IP address rockwell had for this switch.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks

stratix5700.jpg

Hello, type in google "Stratix 5700 switch configuration quick start". It is a nice short version for basic setup.

In addition when you are setting things up for the first time I think there is a time limit to complete your setup, otherwise it will not accept settings or on power up it will go to default parameters.

Chrome, Firefox should work, never used IE but i presume it is also fine.

Hello, type in google "Stratix 5700 switch configuration quick start". It is a nice short version for basic setup.

In addition when you are setting things up for the first time I think there is a time limit to complete your setup, otherwise it will not accept settings or on power up it will go to default parameters.

Chrome, Firefox should work, never used IE but i presume it is also fine.

My mistake, yes I do go through the steps to Express Setup.

1. Provide 24vdc
2. Wait for boot up to complete (Setup and EIP Mod blink green)
3. Depress Express setup for 1 - 4 seconds
4. Port 1 blinks green
5. Use RJ45 cable to connect Port 1 to LAN port on PC

Would it time out within a minute? if not this is the time it takes me to attempt to connect to the web portal.

1. You need your PC/Laptop to have dynamic IP allocation
2. Follow your procedure (steps 1 to 5)
3. Once you are connected to blinking port open web browser and use 169.254.0.1 IP to connect to switch
4. You will get some message about security, ignore it, click something like advanced options and connect anyway
5. login with default credentials u: admin, p: switch
6. now you have configuration page
7. now you need to be fast as from what i remember if you do not save your new setting within moreless 60 seconds on power up it will go to default settings.

Once you save your settings and everything is ok it will automatically take you to Web interface. If it does not take you to that Web interface automatically then possibly something is not right.

You can change you laptop/pc IP to static now, so it is in the same network as switch and try to ping the switch.

If you can ping it try using web browser to access it.

Ryan: I have configured three of these devices. If yours is new, the EtherNet/IP function may have not been activated and you will see the MOD lamp (modules status) flashing red. If you need support for some Ethernet/IP functions I think you need to activate this and if my memory is not failing me, the built-in web server does not provide a screen to setup the EtherNet/IP mode.

In order to activate this functionality you need to use the USB port and a terminal console such as PuTTY or TeraTerm, and first you must install a Cysco driver for the terminal application to be able to communicate with the Stratix.

If you need more details I can dig into some files that I would need to look into for more details.

Sorry if this wasted anyone's time but the first reply was correct with that IP and sequence.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge you all supply.

Thanks

1. You need your PC/Laptop to have dynamic IP allocation
2. Follow your procedure (steps 1 to 5)
3. Once you are connected to blinking port open web browser and use 169.254.0.1 IP to connect to switch
4. You will get some message about security, ignore it, click something like advanced options and connect anyway
5. login with default credentials u: admin, p: switch
6. now you have configuration page
7. now you need to be fast as from what i remember if you do not save your new setting within moreless 60 seconds on power up it will go to default settings.

I realize your issue has been resolved but this note may help someone later.

A follow up to step 4 in the above post. On some browser versions this can be a big problem, basically the browser thinks the connection is spam and will refuse it. I have seen issues with google browser that will not allow the connection, and will not give the option to proceed as unsafe. If you have trouble try multiple browsers, google, IE, firefox, etc.