Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum

Details...

Padraic said:
...I have installed RSLogix 5000...

Hi Padraic,

You've taken quite a big and early leap here going from 500 to 5000, but not to worry.

What version of RSLogix 5000 have you installed?

NB: Always give details of the version/model/catalog number of the hardware or software you are having issues with. Otherwise we are just mushrooms!

If you are trying to setup serial comms at the moment...

26638 - Getting Started: Configure the CompactLogix Ethernet port via the CH0 port using the DF1 protocol in RSLinx
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

In windows 7 Start/Control Panel/Network And Sharing Centre/Change Adapter Settings

Right click the NIC

Select Internet Protocol (TCPIPv4) from the selection and click properties

Select use the following IP address and set it to e.g. 192.168.1.1

with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

do NOT set the IP the SAME as the PLC address

Hi Padraic,

You've taken quite a big and early leap here going from 500 to 5000, but not to worry.

What version of RSLogix 5000 have you installed?

NB: Always give details of the version/model/catalog number of the hardware or software you are having issues with. Otherwise we are just mushrooms!

If you are trying to setup serial comms at the moment...

26638 - Getting Started: Configure the CompactLogix Ethernet port via the CH0 port using the DF1 protocol in RSLinx
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George
Hi George, Yes a big step, I found a 1769-L35E & a 1769-PA2 at work so I decided to us it with my current compact I/O
I have installed RSLogix 5000 V 19.01.00
I done have a serial cable so I'm just trying to set up Ethernet connection.

In windows 7 Start/Control Panel/Network And Sharing Centre/Change Adapter Settings

Right click the NIC

Select Internet Protocol (TCPIPv4) from the selection and click properties

Select use the following IP address and set it to e.g. 192.168.1.1

with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

do NOT set the IP the SAME as the PLC address
Is it the same for XP pro

OK. Are you at work... do you have Skype there? Might be quicker to talk you through the rest that way.

Has the PLC been used before or is it new? Just wondering if it needs the firmware flashed...?

OK. Are you at work... do you have Skype there? Might be quicker to talk you through the rest that way.

Has the PLC been used before or is it new? Just wondering if it needs the firmware flashed...?
I'm at home, its new and it has V 19 firmware installed.

Quick update, Patrick and myself got so far but when we tried to drill down to the back pane of the controller in WHO Active, I could only get as far as the Ethernet port?

Quick update, Patrick and myself got so far but when we tried to drill down to the back pane of the controller in WHO Active, I could only get as far as the Ethernet port?
I've checked the Ethernet LED's and the NS LED is flashing which means No CIP Connections Established. Does anybody know what this means?

We setup RSlinx with an E/IP driver browsing a remote subnet of 192.168.1.10
SNM 255.255.255.0

In my Linx Lite (2.43.01.23) I can view the controller (L32E) and can expand the backplane to select "00, Compactlogix conroller" and by selecting it can then upload/download/update firmware

Hopefully someone else can help.

Patrick